Yair Haendler (LLF)
Linear mixed-effects models in R – Frequentist method (lme4 package)
- Basics of Frequentist analysis methods.
- Preparing the data.
- Treating categorical variables (factors) and continuous variables (covariates).
- Contrast coding – basics.
- Choosing the type of model – lm, lmer, glm, glmer, family.
- Fixed and random effects.
- Model structure – the issue of maximal models.
- Interpretation of model output.
- Model comparison.
Requisites: Previous experience with R; knowledge of different types of variables; experience working with data frames.